Families of Batla House-based doctor among 12 corona warriors who died during pandemic to get Rs 1 cr: Sisodia
The Delhi Government will give an ex-gratia compensation of Rs 1 crore each to the families of 13 corona warriors who lost their lives during the pandemic. It was approved in the meeting of Group of Ministers chaired by Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Friday, said the government.
Dr Yasir Naseem, 49, was working with Delhi’s Fortis Escorts Heart Institute for the last around four years and had died due to Covid-19-related complications in 2020. He was a senior medical officer in the cardiothoracic and vascular surgery (CTVS) department at the hospital and used to reside in Batla House with his family. His death then had left residents in deep shock.
Two days after the OT report then, national dailies also carried reports on him.
You can read his story here: Batla House-based doctor Yasir, a frontline Covid warrior, dies
Sisodia said corona warriors of Delhi worked hard and sacrificed their lives, putting their service to protect humanity and society before their own lives. He saluted their spirit on behalf of the Delhi Government and said while this compensation amount would not compensate for the loss the families of the deceased corona warriors have suffered, but it will definitely contribute to them leading a dignified life.
He said corona pandemic was a terrible crisis for humanity.
“This crisis had created a fear in everyone’s mind. However, our corona warriors risked their lives to get Delhi out of this crisis. Thousands of corona warriors including doctors, medical staff, support staff, sanitation workers and the like worked day and night to fight against this pandemic. Many corona warriors sacrificed their lives while serving the people,” he said.
Martyred corona warrior whose families will receive ex-gratia compensation:
1. Dr. Abha Bhandari, Sr. Medical Officer, Delhi Government Dispensary, Chamelian Road
2. Seema, Safai Karamchari, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital
3. Rajkumar Agrawal, Nursing Officer, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital
4. Dr. Sanjay Kumar, Chief Medical Officer, Urban Primary Health Center (SDMC), Munrika
5. Dr. Sanjeev Kumar, Specialist Pediatrics, Maharishi Valmiki Hospital
6. Munesh Devi, Staff Nurse, Delhi Government Dispensary, Timarpur
7. Chiinneiching, Nursing Officer, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital
8. Surender Kumar, TGT Mathematics, Sarvodaya Vidyalaya Daulatpur
9. Dr. Yasir Naseem, Senior Resident, Fortis Escort Hospital, Okhla
10. G. Ajay Kumar, Store Purchase Supervisor, Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital
11. Dr. Parvinder Pal Singh, Chief Medical Officer, Netaji Subhas Technical University, Dwarka
12. Kamlesh, Safai Karamchari, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital
13. Dr. Mithilesh Kumar, Senior Consultant, Shree Aggrasain International Hospital, Rohini