Indian Muslim Observer Founder-Editor Danish dies

Indian Muslim Observer Founder-Editor Danish dies

Indian Muslim Observer (IMO) founder-Editor Danish Ahmad Khan died in his hometown Gaya on Saturday early morning, according to residents.

Khan, was a resident of Shaheen Bagh for years, from where he was operating his website which he had launched in March 2009.

SPONSORED: 2 Batla House–based entrepreneurs launch alkhadim app so that you can shop from comfort of your house 

A few months ago he left Delhi after losing his content writing job in a Gurugram firm for Gaya where he was looking after his ancestral property

He was collating news for his portal IMO from Gaya. Over years of hard work, he had developed good reporting skills.

Khan cut his teeth with The Times of India, Patna, as a reporter years after completing his BA in English. Later on he left the job for not being called to Patna by then Resident Editor of TOI.

Khan’s father was a social activist and well known in political circle in Bihar in those days. They family runs an orphan centre in Gaya.

After struggling to get another job in any media house in Patna, he moved to Delhi with his wife. He had no children.

He worked with several publications, including IANS, egov and The Milli Gazette.

Before joining TOI, he worked with Patna-based The Qaumi Tanzeem (Urdu Daily).

He moved from media houses to content writing and in his last job he was associated with a content creating company and simultaneously launched his pet project IMO.

He was highly ambitious and had plans to expand IMO but due to limited funds he couldn’t succeed. IMO was a news content aggregation platform.

Affable person, he had a keen eye on the happenings in the Indian Muslim community and from time to time raised his voice through writings and other platforms.

He always came up with out-of-the-box ideas to turn IMO into a popular Muslim portal but failed in execution.

The cause of his death is not known. An Okhla resident, who is currently based in Gaya, told the OT over phone that he spoke with him three days ago and he never complained about his health.

“As far as I know he was having fever and cough. The cause of his death is yet to be ascertained,” he said.