Admissions under sports category in Jamia: All you need to know
Jamia Millia Islamia invites applications for admissions under sports category from the outstanding players who have represented National/State/Region/University (Certificate issued by the bodies recognised and funded by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS), shall only be considered).
JOURNALISM CONSUMES MONEY, TIME. SUPPORT US: JUST CLICK TO PAY
The admissions are available for undergraduate/postgraduate courses in all faculties (as notified in JMI Prospectus 2020-2021) except Faculties of Engineering & Technology, Architecture & Ekistics, Dentistry, Centre for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, AJK MCRC and in other programs as decided by the Academic Council from time to time.
Interested & Eligible candidates may apply ON-LINE on JMI website jmi.ac.in w.e.f. 10th August, 2020 to 16th September, 2020.
The admissions under sports category are limited to the following games:
Athletics, Boxing, Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Shooting (Air Rifle, Air Pistol and Shot Gun), Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling.
The last date of submission of on-line form is 16th September, 2020 till 11.59 pm.
Note: The guidelines of admissions under sports category 2020-2021 are enclosed herewith.
Guidelines regarding Admissions under Sports Category 2020-2021 Outstanding Players: (6.4 page 27, JMI Prospectus 2020-2021) Seats in various programs shall be reserved or special provisions be made for outstanding players. The procedure shall be adopted for the purpose of admission as per details given below or as may be decided from time to time by the Majlis-i-Talimi (Academic Council):
- Office of the Director, Games & Sports, shall be contacted for any admission related queries (Ph. 26985705/26981717 Ext. 1796, 1797 email – email@example.com)
- Candidates seeking admission under sports category must have represented Nation/State/Region/University (Certificate issued by the bodies recognised and funded by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS), shall only be considered) in the game they are claiming admission.
- Certificates of Invitational/Memorial/Open/Prize money league/Ranking tournaments will not be considered eligible for admissions.
- Relaxation to the extent of 5% marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned, as the case may be, will be given to such candidates.
- Such candidates shall be considered for admission by the Shaikhul Jamia (Vice-Chancellor) over and above the seats allotted to each programmes on the recommendation of the Games & Sports Committee.
- There shall be no such provision of admission for outstanding sports persons in any programme in the Faculties of Engineering & Technology, Architecture and Ekistics, Dentistry, Centre for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, AJK-MCRC and in other programmes as decided by the Academic Council from time to time.
- Candidates selected under Sports Category shall have to give self-attested undertaking for their conduct/participation in conduct/participation in practice/representing the university team at the time of admission.
- All the original sports certificates shall be kept in the custody of Office of the Games & Sports for at least one year. The Office of the Director, Games & Sports shall get the certificates of at least 30% of the admitted candidates under sports category verified from the authority issuing the certificates.
- The admission on the basis of sports shall be administered through sports merit list based on Highest Marks obtained in the uploaded Merit/Participation Sports certificates and order of their preference of courses as indicated by the applicant.
- They should also register their preference of courses for Maximum of five courses in order of their preference/where they desire admission.
These preferences would be utilised later in the allotment of courses.
- The applicant is required to upload Self-attested copies of three Merit/Participation certificates.
- Only the highest uploaded Merit/Participation Sports certificates will be considered for final merit.
- Sports certificates issued between 01/04/2017 to 31/03/2020 shall be considered valid for admissions under sports category for the session 2020-2021.
- Candidates seeking admission under sports category have to mention their respective playing position on the field for team event. In case individual game they have to mention their event.
- Admission under sports category is limited to the following games: Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Shooting (Air Rifle, Air Pistol and Shot Gun), Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball & Wrestling.