Sisodia takes first-hand feedback from parents, teachers to review online education system


Sisodia takes first-hand feedback from parents, teachers to review online education system

Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia today interacted with teachers and parents at KGSBV School, Chirag Enclave to review the online and semi-online education system. Today was his 8th successive review in as many zones. AAP MLA from Greater Kailash, Saurabh Bhardwaj also attended the session.

Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said: “We wanted to take first-hand feedback from parents to improve the current online and semi-online education system. According to the data that came to us, this experiment is going well. But I have come here to understand the ground reality from you.”

He emphasised the importance of schools and said: “Students are facing huge losses due to the ongoing pandemic. The kind of exposure and growth a child gets while coming to school cannot be compensated through an online medium. Our motive is to reduce the quantum of the loss which students are facing. Therefore, online and semi-online education is the need of the hour.”

Sisodia said students who did not have online resources were contacted through the phone call. A semi-online pattern was introduced for them and the material was given. He said: “83 per cent of the children of this school and zone are connected with us through online and semi-online classes. But the remaining 17 per cent of the children have not yet been contacted. Nearly 35 per cent children of class 6 in this zone are not in contact as they are mostly those who joined Delhi govt. school from MCD schools. Either their address is changed or they have changed their number and MCD schools did not update it before transferring them.”

Giving credit for this success to parents and teachers, Sisodia said the government has only provided the platform, all the hard work has been done by the teachers and parents. He said the corona epidemic is the worst crisis mankind has seen.

Deputy CM said: “I am also a father. My son is also confined to a room and laptop. I understand that this situation is not adequate for children’s development but our motive right now is to keep the learning process moving. If the parents and teachers along with the 16 lakhs students of Delhi will start praying, we are sure soon we will be able to re-open our schools”

Sisodia talked about the importance of activities in online education. He said Finland’s education system is considered to be the best in the world. Even in Finland, a lot is taught through various activities.

Sisodia said: “We had to experiment with the online mode of education suddenly. Even without proper planning or training, we were able to achieve this success only because of our teachers who worked extremely hard. Today, after achieving the 98 per cent result in boards, even CBSE has started praising our teachers.”

During the review, the parents said the children are enjoying this education a lot. One parent said that the children became irritable during the lockdown. But online education is now helping them. Another parent suggested an idea of conducting PTM through video conferencing so that parents can also share their concerns with the teachers.

Sisodia endorsed the idea and directed the concerned officials to work on this.