2 kids of Shaheen Bagh family die after getting electrocuted by high tension wire


2 kids of Shaheen Bagh family die after getting electrocuted by high tension wire

A 12-year-old boy whose kite was stuck in between the high-tension wires of Shaheen Bagh three days ago died after he received burn injuries, said residents.

A 6-year-old girl, who was at the rooftop with the brother, also had sustained burn injuries and died, said a resident adding that the family lost two of their small children in the incident.

Shaheen Bagh resident Md Ansar said the family had three children.

The incident took place when the boy was flying kite, said Ansar. When the incident had taken place some residents had posted about it with the photo.

This is not first incident reported from overcrowded Jamia Nagar.

Almost every year such incident happen due to HT line crossing over flats and builders are responsible as rented people are not aware of danger to their lives, said one resident.

Several cases have been reported in the locality over years in which people have died due to high tension wires. A few weeks ago, one incident was reported from Abul Fazal Enclave in which a teenage girl had received burn injuries after being electrocuted from the high tension wire. She was rushed to a local hospital, but succumbed to her injuries after days, said one activist.

Building houses under high tension wire is not allowed, but there are many in the locality. A resident said it is risky to reside in a house under high tension wire. Efforts should be made to shift them from the residential area, he said.