Man, eight goats electrocuted in this part of Okhla


Man, eight goats electrocuted in this part of Okhla

For many resident of this part of Okhla, there was no Eid-al-Adha as eight goats brought by them for quarbani were allegedly electrocuted after a high-tension electric wires fell on the makeshift tent under which the animals were kept a day before the festival.

The saddest part of the story was that a teen security guard, who rushed to save the goats, was allegedly electrocuted in the aftermath of rain, said a resident.

The incident in Jasola Vihar area on Sunday night left residents deeply upset, said the resident.

A senior police officer said the case was being investigated, reported PTI which ran the story first.

Police were informed about the deaths around 6 am on Monday, it said. The body of the guard was handed over to his relatives after post-mortem.

A case was registered under Sections 289 (negligent conduct w.r.t animals), 337 (act endangering life) and 304 A (death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code at Sarita Vihar police station against unknown persons, police said, reported PTI.