Jamia takes fresh initiatives to curb Covid
Jamia Millia Islamia has taken several decisions in view of the rising Covid-19 cases in Delhi/NCR. It has been decided in the meeting of the committee which included Deans of Faculties and other officials of the university held on 7.04.2021 that;
- Wearing a mask is mandatory and there will be no entry without a mask in the campus.
- All students are advised to stay at home and avoid physical presence for their academic work, library, laboratory etc. unless it is very essential. All Covid- 19 Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) has to be followed to enter campus for academic activities and essential work which includes thermal screening at gates, wearing of mask, social distancing, no spitting in public places and entry with only valid identity proof along with the purpose of visit to the University Campus etc.
- Booking of conference halls/auditorium/seminar halls etc. will remain cancelled till further notice.
The Committee has also decided to constitute a Corona Control Committee, Jamia consisting of the following:
1) Prof. Waseem A. Khan, Chief Proctor – Chairman 2) Prof. Mehtab Alam, DSW 3) Prof. Seemi Farhat Basir, Dean, Faculty of Natural Sciences 4) Prof. Masood Alam, Advisor (Security) 5) Prof. Saima Saeed, Provost (Girls) 6) Prof. Atiqur Rahman, Principal, Jamia Senior Secondary School 7) Mohd. Tarique, Deputy Director, Residential Coaching Academy 8) Dr. Shaista Farheen, Senior Medical Officer, Dr. M.A. Ansari Health Centre 9) Prof. Mohd. Shahid Khan, Deputy Proctor – Convenor
It has also been decided that to help the above Committee and keep an overall view over the situation, there will be a Monitoring Committee consisting of the following:
1) Prof. Waseem A. Khan, Chief Proctor – Chairman 2) Prof. Masood Alam, Advisor (Security) 3) All Principals of Schools 4) Dr. Shika Kapur, Assistant Proctor 5) Dr. Naved Jamal, Hony. Deputy Director, Residential Coaching Academy 6) Dr. Sumaila Choudhary, Physiotherapist 7) Assistant Registrar (Administration) – Convener (Mobile No. 9313653747).
The Monitoring Committee shall closely monitor the situation on the campus and based on its assessment of the situation, the Committee shall advise the University Administration for taking necessary steps.
The university has asked all concerned to remain vigilant to handle the present Covid-19 pandemic situation, follow the guidelines and SOPs issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Ayush to prevent the spread of the disease and take appropriate steps for the benefit of students and staff.