Important update on Saturday exhibition at Milli Model
The controversy over whether the January 27 expo exhibitions at Milli Model School in Abul Fazal Enclave will take place has been resolved, according to reliable sources.
Earlier in the day, words spread in the locality that the two-day exhibition starting from January 27 wouldn’t be held due to non-clearance from the administration.
However, in a late-night development, Shoaib, who is in charge of the exhibition, said the issue has been resolved, and it will be held per schedule, bringing a heavy sigh of relief to those who were deeply upset with the cancellation news.
A resident said all hell broke loose, and many women who had reserved their stalls after heavy payment were sharing their audio messages in which they were literally crying that their food bought for the exhibition would be of no use, and they would lose money.
In the latest development, a resident well aware of the situation said stall handover would take place by 12 tomorrow.
Milli Model ground in charge Nayyar said there was confusion, and earlier in the day, after the exhibition holder announced about the cancellation of the event. He said the school only gives the ground on rent and is not responsible for anything else.
Milli Model has become a hot spot for holding exhibitions after two events turned out to be a huge hit. Shoaib said all stalls have been booked, and none are available. He said 130 stalls are to be set up in the ground for the Saturday and Sunday exhibition. A resident said he has booked one mehdi stall for Rs 6,000. When asked about the rates for other stalls like food and clothes, Shoaib said you need to drop a message on WhatsApp. It is known that most of the stalls are related to food.
A resident who has been a regular attendee at the exhibitions at Milli Model said such events are rare in the locality and, hence, they are a hit and a huge crowd attractor, mostly among women.
Earlier in the day, many residents were sharing a message which read: “Dear exhibitors, With a very heavy heart we are informing you that Milli Model school has been charged with multiple cases related to the conduction of exhibition at their venue. We were ready with the full setup and branding by last night i.e 25 January 2024. However Shaheen Bagh police station team is on the venue and they have strictly reported the Venue of Milli Model School as illegal ground for conducting of exhibition. We are under very heavy loss and not in a condition to refund any amount as we have already paid venue rentals, fabrication and very heavy branding amount. We are soon planning an event in nearby locality. Please co-operate till next notice. Our whole team is working on the next dates. We will share the dates very soon. The exhibition of 27 and 28 January 2024 cannot be conducted. Thanks and regards.”
Commenting on the earlier viral message, Nayyar said, “We just provide the space, and it is for the organiser to get permission and clearance. And we have never faced such situation.”
None in the locality believed the message which was being circulated by the organiser with one resident saying several events have been organised in Milli Model school without any issues.
Now, with the issue being resolved and the exhibition being held on the same date, it has brought smiles to people who had booked their stalls, spending their savings.