Danish dies of electrocution
A twenty-year-old man died of electrocution.
According to police, information was received today from Al Shifa hospital that one Danish of Vishwakarma Colony, Kalindi Kunj, was brought dead after electrocution.
“On reaching to the hospital it was known that deceased was a mason who was repairing the wall of the pit meant for keeping the electric water motor which lifts the water from ground floor to first floor,” said the police.
During the recent flood in Vishwakarma Colony, pit got damaged and motor was removed from the pit to get it repaired but the wire meant for supplying the electricity to water motor was left loose, said the police.
“Today at around 2.30 pm, when deceased went inside the pit situated in the street outside the house of a landlord in Vishwakarma Colony to repair the pit, his hand touched with the wire lying loose and he got electrocuted. When the landlord’s wife came for his rescue, she also received shocks and hospitalised in Al Shifa and now being shifted by family to Safdarjang hospital. An FIR is being registered u/s 304A IPC,” said the police.