Watch: Electric pole catches fire in Batla House
An electric pole caught fire in Batla House R to S block at 3.50 am, according to a resident. AAP leader Mahmood Ahmed rushed to the spot and in a live video is seen explaining about the fire. There was no casualty from the fire as it was brought under control after a few minutes but the blaze led to power cuts in Batla House R to S block, said residents.
For many it was a long night due to power cuts in simmering heat. This is not the first incident of an electric pole catching fire in the locality. Residents said due to load shedding such incidents do take place. They pointed out that the good thing is that in most cases pole fires doused on time.
With monsoon the power distribution firm, BSES, has urged residents to stay away from electrical installations for their safety. An advisory by it was issued after a woman was electrocuted in Delhi last month. Also, a teenager had died while trying to reach his home in Taimoor Nagar on the same day.
Revealing its monsoon plan, a BSES official said: “We are geared up to ensure reliable power supply to our over 48 lakh consumers and over two crore residents while taking all safety measures that are required during the rainy season. Consumers can play a very important role in ensuring an incident-free monsoon by following simple safety guidelines.”