Electric blanket catches fire in Johri Farm
As fire broke out in a flat in Okhla on Sunday night, local residents rushed to douse it, according to sources. A resident, who also rushed to the spot in Johri Farm after hearing the commotion, said the fire brigade turned up on time and doused the fire. No untoward incidents were reported from the fire as residents were out of the flat, he said.
The main cause of the fire is yet under probe but residents who had gathered there said it was due to electric blanket which was not switched off, said Azeem Arshi.
“The family, who had gone to meet their mother in another flat in Johri Farm, appears to have forgotten to switched off the blanket. As smoke started coming out from the flat local residents rushed and tried to douse the fire. Police and fire brigade were also informed. Things were brought under control under no time. Items kept in the drawing room of the flat was damaged,” said Arshi.
The family was lucky as the fire couldn’t spread in other building, said residents.
This fire incident surfaced a few days after one such incident in Abul Fazal Enclave. The AFE fire was doused and nobody was hurt as the fire brigade had turned up in 15 minutes after being informed, residents had said.