Will Okhla builders follow 14 Govt’s anti-dust measures for clean air?
The Delhi government says it is running an anti-dust campaign from October 7 to control dust pollution all over Delhi.
It has released 14 points for it to be followed. Since the points surfaced, many Okhla residents have welcomed it in the hope that Okhla too gets clean air as they said dust causes many health related issues with many residents in the locality facing the heat as the rules are rarely followed here.
Construction/demolition activity in NCT of Delhi be undertaken only after ensuring the dust mitigation measures prescribed as follow:
- Dust/wind breaking walls of appropriate height around the periphery of the construction site.
- Installation of Anti-Smog Gun(s) (for >20,000 m2 built up area).
- Tarpaulin or green net on scaffolding around the area under construction and the building.
- All vehicles, including carrying construction material and construction debris of any kind, should be cleaned and wheels washed.
- All vehicles carrying construction material and construction debris should be fully covered and protected
- All construction debris and construction material of any kind should be stored on the site and not dumped on public roads or pavements.
- No loose soil or sand or Construction & Demolition Waste or any other construction material that causes dust shall be left uncovered.
- No grinding and cutting of building materials in open areas. Wet jets should be used in grinding and stone cutting.
- Unpaved surfaces and areas with loose soil should be adequately sprinkled with water to suppress dust.
- Roads leading to or at construction sites must be paved and blacktopped i.e. metallic roads (for >20,000 m2 built up area).
- Construction and demolition waste should be recycled on-site or transported to authorised recycling facility and due record of the same should be maintained.
- Every worker working on the construction site and involved in loading, unloading and carriage of construction material and construction debris should be provided with an anti-dust mask to prevent inhalation of dust particles.
- Arrangement should be provided for medical help, investigation and treatment to workers involved in the construction of building and carry of construction material and debris relatable to dust emission.
- Dust mitigation measures shall be displayed prominently at the construction site for easy public viewing.