Watch: Electricity wire snaps, 2 cars damaged in Shaheen Bagh
One car was gutted and one damaged in a fire after an electricity wire fell on them around 1.30 am on Friday. The incident occurred when a wire snapped and fell on a car parked on Zayed College street in thokar number 7 and completely destroyed it.
As soon as residents noticed the fire, they informed the fire department and BSES which reached the site.
However, the fire fighters’ vehicles couldn’t enter the road narrowed further due to illegal parking of vehicles. By the time the tenders arrived to douse the flames, one car was reduced to junk, said a resident.
No loss of life was reported from the area. A resident said the electricity wire fell on vehicles twice. In first incident the car was gutted and in the second one car was damaged and for a few minutes the whole family was left gobsmacked, said a retired Jamia employee residing in Zayed College street in Shaheen Bagh.
He said his son acted fast and drove one car parked very nearby away from the spot and save it. With help of residents we were able to douse the fire on another car but the front got damaged, said the resident.
The electricity department, local police and fire fighters reached the spot and were of all help, he said.
The retired employee said it was after early morning prayer that he heard a commotion and when he went outside he saw the electricity wire on his care leading to fire. We are lucky that things were brought under control and the fire was distinguished, he said.