The Batla House transformer fire a few minutes ago at 8.25 pm sparked debate about such fire occurring in the locality from time to time.
Eyewitnesses told the OT that the fire was huge but it was doused by the fire fighters which reached the spot with nobody getting hurt.
A resident said internet in the locality was cut due to fire as wires go by the pole and chances are it got melted. At the same time it led to traffic snarl which was only cleared after hours.
Another resident Firoz said we were lucky that the fire didn’t spread and was doused but people were scared as the flames rose to up to fourth floor of a nearby building.