On Wakf Board plea, HC allows 50 to pray in Nizamuddin Markaz during Shab-e-Barat: Amanatullah
50 can pray in Nizamuddin Markaz during Shab-e-Barat, Centre tells HC, according to a report carried by the Hindustan Times. Shab-e- Barat will be observed on March 28-29. However, public celebrations of the festivals, including Holi, have been banned in Delhi following second wave of coronavirus spread.
JOURNALISM CONSUMES MONEY, TIME. SUPPORT US JUST CLICK TO PAY SO THAT WE CONTINUE TO BRING YOU LOCAL UPDATES. YOU CAN DONATE Rs 100 AND MORE Rs 500, Rs 1,000 AS WELL
ALSO WATCH: A WALK THROUGH A MEGA MOSQUE IN OKHLA
Okhla MLA Amanatullah Khan and Delhi Waqf Board chairman had posted about the development on his timeline and wrote: “On Wakf Board plea, Delhi HC allows 50 to pray in Nizamuddin Markaz during Shab-e-Barat: Amanatullah. Next hearing on April 12.”
Also, he shared the information with the OT.
The Centre on Wednesday told the Delhi high court that 50 people chosen by the State Wakf Board can be permitted to offer prayers at the mosque in the Nizamuddin Markaz on the occasion of Shab-e-Barat once the names of those individuals are provided to the station house officer of the local police station, claimed the HT.
The submission was made during the hearing on a plea by the Delhi Wakf Board through advocate Wajeeh Shafiq, seeking opening of the Nizamuddin Markaz where a Tablighi Jamaat congregation was held amid the Covid-19 pandemic, it said.
The markaz has been locked down on March 31 last year by the authorities. Then the tablighi members, according to the report, staying there in violation of the curbs imposed to stop the spread of the Covid-19, were removed from the building.
Masjid Bangley Wali, Madarsa Kashif-ul-uloom and a hostel continues to be locked up, said the report.